Horses! - All you Need to Know About Horses!
There are various definitions which can be used to define a horse age, such as:
- Foal- a horse with either sex is less than one year old.
- Yearling- a horse with one or two years old.
- Colt- a horse under the age of four.
- Filly- a female horse under the age of four.
- Mare- a female horse of four years and older
- Stallion- a male horse of four years and older.
- Gelding- a male horse with any age.
A very important thing about this species is that they can sleep by standing as well by lying down. These species have a very old relationship with human beings. Human beings in earlier centuries used the horses for domestic purposes. This practice evolved during the time. These domesticated horses are trained in the harness between the ages two and four. They reach the adult stage by five. Interestingly, today there are 300 breeds of horses in the world.
Horse breeds are divided into three categories:
- Spirited hot blood - speed
- Cold bloods - slow
- Warmbloods - developed from hot and cold blood
The riding of horses led to the development of techniques on how to ride a horse and also many methods were developed to control them. The horse also produces various products such as milk, meat, hairs etc. To keep a domesticated horse healthy you have to provide it with good food, shelter as well as a good environment to live in.
Horses all you need to Know
Horses all you need to Know - A horse is a mammal which belongs to the family of Equidae. This animal species has evolved over the past 60 million years. It is referred to as a single-toed animal in today`s time. The anatomy of the horses helps them to figure out their predators.