Interesting Facts about Horses :
- Horses have the widest eyes in all the mammals on land today
- The difference between horse and pony can be seen in their size at the time of full maturity
- The female horses called Mares carry their young ones for about 11 months.
- The height of the horses is measured in hands. The height depends upon the breed which a horse belongs to
- When a horse jumping over a hurdle it isnít actually see it at the moment of rebound.
- Horses see completely different images from each eye and can see almost everything around him without turning her head.
- When a horse remarks the smell of another horse, he will never forget, no matter whether he likes that horse or not
- Horse uses his sense of taste to distinguish poisonous plants from those that it may eat.
- The area around a horse ís mouth and nose is called his muzzle .
- The pulse of the horse is 35 to 40 beats per minute
- Horse can move each eye in a different direction at the same time
- Most Ponies have brown eyes
- When horse sleeps , it always rests one of its four legs alternately.
- Normal body temperature at horse is between 37,5-38,5į
- If a horse rests it head on your shoulder it means the horse trusts you
- Pregnancy at mares on average lasts 11 months and a few days
- Horses sleep less than three hours a day
- Foals can stand an hour after they are born
- The ancestors of today's horse lived 55 million years and they were weighing about 50 kilograms
- Adult male horse has 42 permanent teeth , and adult female horse has 40 permanent teeth .
- The heaviest horse in the world was Brookly Superma, and it had 1452 kg.
- The oldest horse in the world by the Guinness Book of Records was 62 years Old Billy who died in 1822
- A horse is able to drink 10 gallons of water per day. (one gallon = 3.78 liters)
- Horses spend more energy lying down.
- Horses are most proud of his mane and tail.
- Horses smell at a distance greater than 2 km.
|All Data presented on this page are strictly informative . Horse-Games.org has no responsibility for any inconvenience that may arise if you use this information for non informative purposes (quizzes , prize games , betting etc .) .